Friday, June 23, 2006

Hooray! Happy Resolution!

I am delighted to say that my main blog, TBK News, has been restored, in its entirety, and the spammer is gone! (Probably to gum up somebody else's works.) I believe that my persistence - but not peskiness - in asking for assistance from Blogger allowed me to achieve this result. I do not know what others have done in the past, such that their blogs are gone forever, but Blogger came through for me this time. Of course, it was Blogger's fault in the first place for deleting my blog; nevertheless, they fixed it, and fairly quickly at that. Thank you, Blogger and everyone else who was supportive.
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:05:46 -0700
From: "Blogger Help" support@blogger.com
To: "Acharya S"
Subject: Non-spam review and verification request: http://tbknews.blogspot.com

Hi there,

Thanks for following up. Your blog, http://tbknews.blogspot.com, has been verified and restored. If you sign out of Blogger and sign back in again, you should be able to post as normal. Thanks for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,
The Blogger Team
I will leave this blog online for further reference by anyone who may find him or herself in a similar situation. All future visitors are welcome to leave comments, suggestions, advice.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. As your problems end, mine begin. My blog is NO MORE... and I found your post on the google help thing. How do I contact BloggerHelp? I don't know the (insert expletives) email address. UGH.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Acharya S said...

Hi there -

I was reluctant to put Blogger's email addy, but what the heck: support@blogger.com Good luck!

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! Wish me luck!

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got your blogs back, I figured you would. :-)

A small bit o'advice for others tho.

Don't jump to conclusions, MOST people that think their 'blog is gone' are really suffering from another problem.

As is hollowsquirrel I believe, their blog wasn't GONE in the same sense as your blog was, the main page just didn't get published correctly and was showing blank, a republish will fix those, although sometimes it can be other errors making it appear blank or different.
I posted a comment at http://hollowsquirrel.blogspot.com/
(posting a comment triggers a republish) and their site is showing normally now...so two different issues entirely.

The time to worry about a similiar thing that happened to acharya is if you go to the blog and you get the dreaded 404 NOT FOUND error message, THEN you should check your blog dashboard, etc. If the blog isn't there, create a new blog with the same url (so the spammers don't get it), THEN immediately contact Blogger Support to get the ball rolling. So it's the 404 NOT FOUND that is the key, anything other than that and it's some other issue. (I should point out that a rare event is the 404 error but the blog is ok, and a temporary error on Blogger. If that's the case, still contact blogger support but your blog should still be in your dashboard - that doesn't happen often, and if it does usually affects a certain number of blogs and gets fixed pretty quickly)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Acharya S said...

Thank you, phideaux (fido, cute!), for your concern and assistance in these matters. Hollow, I hope that's the end to your problems. Yes, mine was about as bad as it can get - short of completely losing the blog for all time.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Nitecruzr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home